Thursday, October 16, 2008

This is my 1,500th post.

Yay me! Thanks to all of you who visit here... especially those who share comments.

The last time I marked a milestone was six months ago – my 1,000th post. Which happened to be a live blog of the Pennsylvania Democratic primary.

Hillary Clinton won in Pennsylvania. That gave her troubled campaign a big boost... while putting fear into the hearts of some Obama supporters. (MSNBC’s Chris Matthews said, “I think Barack Obama has a problem with working white people.”)

That was then. Polls this week show Obama leading John McCain in Pennsylvania by 12 points... 14 points... 15 points... 16 points.

What a long strange trip it’s been.

The night of the Pennsylvania primary, Republican commentator Bill Bennett on CNN hammered Obama on his association with “former terrorists.” Yep, the Bill Ayers/Weather Underground thing.

For six months, this has been a Republican talking point! And it never gained traction with the people. You know why, Mr. Bennett? You know why, Sean Hannity? Because the Cold War is OVER, fucksticks!

Now... below is a treat for funk-loving Obama fans (and/or Obama- loving funk fans): Legendary horn blowers Fred Wesley and Pee Wee Ellis back up a no-name musician (named Willie Amrod) on a loose-but-swingin’ pro-Obama jam.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Blackman! 1500 posts is no mean feat. When did you start blogging?

brightstarr said...

LOL @ fucksticks! Hilarious. But it really HAS been a long and strange journey. Unfortunately it's not yet over, but it seems to be going in Obama's favor. Yay! Obama/Biden 2008!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, UBM, on your first-class blabbermouthery ;^)

Undercover Black Man said...

Thanks, Villager. I started in December 2006. I will be in need of an intervention soon.

bklyn6 said...

I can't hear/read the name Bill Bennett without thinking about his final (crime) solution. Jack arse.

Anyway.... Hurray, UBM! Already looking forward to your 2000th!

Anonymous said...

Congrats man. If you've been checking the stats, I'm the dude reading your weblog from Iran.

Unknown said...

Dave,

I visit UBM very often and enjoy virtually everything I see/read. You've gotten me interested in music again and my iPod has about 200 50's-60's-70's songs I haven't heard for decades.

Regardless of the outcome of the election, I will be avoiding downtown Baltimore on the evening of November 4th. Probably too much excitement, either way, for an old white guy...

Thanks

Kellybelle said...

Yay! Don't Stop Bloggin' About Tomorrow!

Francisco said...

Congrats on the post milestone!! I really look forward for the post telling us to watch your new TV series... whatever it is. At least do a YouTube mini or something man! My TV misses your talents.

Dollar Bill said...

Congrats!

Through your blogging around,I have been entertained,educated and continue to be introduced to new people,new subjects,new dimensions,new dementions,not worth mentions and everything in between.

Keep on keepin'on !


www.PalinAsPresident.com

and from Avery's illtelligent.com blog this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezQOTXR9CEM

Invisible Woman said...

Words like "Fucksticks" is why I'll be reading your posts till the wheels fall off, I think...tho I don't always agree with what you say, you have a very interesting way of saying it :-) Congrats!

Unknown said...

congratulations!

Anonymous said...

YAY for the 1500th post, UBM!
I really like this blog - your thoughts, your music, and the comments people drop. Very educational (sometimes scary, sometimes irritating, but always enlightening). Thank you for sharing your perspective. :)

S.O.L. said...

Congrats, UBM. Best Blog Ever!

SJ said...

Congrats UBM! Have been reading your blog almost since the beginning and love it.

quirkychick said...

Yay you indeed!

Anonymous said...

UBM, you are the most prolific poster of bloggizzledom.

Congrats on 1500!

Peace

Anonymous said...

YAY U!

Destruction said...

I hear ya knockin....

Nicely Done.

Undercover Black Man said...

Thanks again to all well-wishers. I am so proud of the quality of human being that comments here!

AQUILOGY said...

You must be SuperHuman, UBM. I didn't think it was possible for one person to do 500 posts in six months. Damn, you make us all look bad. Keep em coming

Anonymous said...

Every day I need to get my UBM fix. Thanks for all 1,500 of them. How are you going to top yourself?