Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sarah Palin’s revenge?

Everyone knows that Sarah Palin came in second in the 1984 Miss Alaska pageant. But I just found out it was a black girl who beat her.

No joke.

Maryline Blackburn – now a professional singer in Georgia – was the first black Miss Alaska. And she remembers Sarah Palin well. Follow this link to see an Atlanta TV news piece on Ms. Blackburn.

Maryline voted for Sarah as “Miss Congeniality” 24 years ago... but she won’t be voting for Sarah come November: “It’s all about Obama, baby!”

Wouldn’t it be wild if Gov. Palin, on some level, views this election as a chance to get back at the black race? To get back at that woman who denied her the title of Miss Alaska?

“Not this time,” Sarah says, gazing into her mirror, placing an old tiara upon her head. “This time I get what I’ve always deserved.”

Anyhoo... do you wanna hear a track from Maryline Blackburn’s 2006 CD, “Russian Rhapsody”? To listen to “Our Dreams” on my Vox blog, click here.

There are also a few tracks streaming on Maryline’s MySpace page.

They’re not very good songs.

7 comments:

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Hey UBM, That's hilarious. Beat out by a black woman in Alaska in the 80s. Wow. No wonder the media hasn't 'mentioned' this. Heh-heh.

Just found your blog, too. I got stuff on mine about Palin also, and you'll probably love the Alaskan blog, mudflats.wordpress.com.

*Tanyetta* said...

LMAO at--------They’re not very good songs.


You are WRONG!!!! :)

Invisible Hand said...

God, indeed, is a comedy writer.

bklyn6 said...

I heard about this a week after the McCain-Palin ticket was announced. MSM is mum on this one. Bet the story appeared in Jet, though. :-)

They’re not very good songs.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I think it was Kellybelle who'd said in a comment to an earlier post that the winner was a sister. I had to check it out for myself. I too thought that she was holding a grudge for losing to a black woman.

Could you have imagine if Palin would have won? Instead of bragging that Palin's being a point guard was a sign of their commitment to female empowerment, McCain would have bragged about having a beauty queen on the ticket.

Undercover Black Man said...

I think it was Kellybelle who'd said in a comment to an earlier post that the winner was a sister.

Oh wow. Must've went by me.

Regina said...

What a hilarious piece of trivia. I'll definitely link to this (I just haven't mentioned Palin much on my blog).