Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Obama song

You’d think that people would have had enough of Barack Obama songs. I look around me and I see it isn’t so.

And what’s wrong with that?

I blogged about the mariachi Obama song. I blogged about several reggae Obama songs. The latest comes from an L.A. rock ’n’ roll combo called Pistol Opera.

The track is called “Obama,” and it might be a goof. (Sample lyric: “Like Abraham Lincoln crossed with the Mack. Once you go Barack, you never go back.”)

Or maybe it’s just a money-making move. Could even be sincere. Who knows?

To hear “Obama” streaming on my Vox blog, click here.

It’s downloadable from eMusic and Amazon.

UPDATE (05/19/08): Hmmm. Turns out it’s a goof and it’s sincere. Eli Braden of Pistol Opera fancies himself a bit of a comedy writer. Four months ago, he blogged: “I’m Totally Gay For Barack Obama.” It’s an amusing post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are we quoting bad 'Wings" songs now?

Undercover Black Man said...

^ Some people want to fill the world with bad Wings songs!

Anonymous said...

It's got a good beat and you can dance to it.

The lyrics are hysterical: A hip hop Dhali Lama. Go run and tell your mama. A technicolor sequel to JFK. A soul food intifada.

Clever lyrics. I'd love to read them. I laughed so hard that tears came out of my mind.