Thursday, January 29, 2009

Name the singer, win a prize.

Another contest, y’all. Click here and listen to a mystery track on my Vox blog.

The first person to correctly identify that singer – in the comments section here – will win a prize. Only one guess per reader, please.

The prize is a brand new DVD: “A Good Day To Be Black and Sexy.” This DVD will be available in stores and online next week.

“Black and Sexy” is the debut feature by a young filmmaker named Dennis Dortch. The trailer is below.

UPDATE (01/29/09): We have a winner. Woe correctly identified the singer as Molly Johnson, the pride of Canada. She also happens to be Clark Johnson’s sister. I blogged about her here.

7 comments:

S.O.L. said...

That's a cool track of a song I can't stand. LOL. I'm sure I'm wrong but it sounds a little like a really mellow Macy Gray so that's who I'm guessing.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ Nice try.

Unknown said...

Nancy wilson...

FunkyHeadHunter said...

I'll come completely out of left field for this one. I don't know if she's done any actual singing, be it sounds a hell of a lot like Paula Jai Parker. But she's an actress so what the hell do I know??

Anonymous said...

That's Molly Johnson

Undercover Black Man said...

^ You got it, Woe. Well done.

Hit me with a mailing address and I'll send your prize:

undercoverblackman (at) mac (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Meldrick Lewis, one of my favorite tv detectives. Clark Johnson rules!