Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Are you hip to Lalo Alcaraz?

Cartoonist and satirist Lalo Alcaraz is like the Chicano Aaron McGruder. (Do people still say “Chicano”? I mean, people under 50?)

His syndicated comic strip, La Cucaracha, is the sharpest thing to hit the funny pages since The Boondocks. (After seeing Lalo’s strip today, I think he knows this.)

And guess what? Just like The Boondocks did, La Cucaracha occasionally kicks up some drama.

Meanwhile, Alcaraz also co-hosts a weekly satirical radio show, “The Pocho Power Hour,” on KPFK in Los Angeles.

Take a minute and check out Lalo Alcaraz’s MySpace page. He’s selling calendars, y’all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Do people still say “Chicano”? I mean, people under 50?)

Yes, we do :-)

La Cucaracha is hilarious.

Undercover Black Man said...

Yes, we do :-)

I was hoping you'd school me, dez. ;^D

Anonymous said...

^My pleasure. It's one of the few areas I can get over on ya ;^D