Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gina Gershon’s talented mouth

Funny what I’ll stumble upon when trying to burn through those use-’em-or-lose-’em monthly downloads at eMusic.com.

Did you know that Gina Gershon, one of Hollywood’s sexiest women, plays the Jew’s harp? Indeed, she duets with Christian McBride, one of the finest jazz musicians of his generation, on a new track called “Chitlins and Gefilte Fish.”

To hear it on my Vox blog, click here. Frankly... I don’t get it. (Was tickled by the reference to J.B.’s “Doing It to Death,” though.)

Ms. Gershon also rocked a Jew’s harp on her own 2007 album, “In Search of Cleo.” To check out a track called “Marie,” click here.

Oh snap... time for me to compile another playlist of actresses who think they can sing.

UPDATE (12/29/09): Check out this Gina Gershon quote from a 2003 magazine interview conducted by her friend Dave Stewart (of Eurythmics):

“Remember that time that you played on Letterman? It was Lou Reed’s birthday, and afterward we – you and me and Lou and Bootsy Collins and those girls – we all went and played at some weird little dive where Lou wanted to play. I played my Jew’s harp and you played the guitar and Lou sang.”

Lordy. If Gina Gershon’s Jew’s harp could talk...

5 comments:

junebug said...

Gina can play my harp all day. My harp is in my pants. And by "harp", I mean penis. T.M.I.?

Undercover Black Man said...

^ Junebug, you madcap...

Edshugeo The GodMoor said...

I'm a' get me one of those, and by those, I mean a Jew's Harp, not anybody else's penis.

Snoopy used to rock on one. And I see that there's a Snoopy brand.

Geneva Girl said...

I don't get it either.

dez said...

I love her so much more now :-)