Thursday, November 26, 2009

Playlist: Funky Thanksgiving

I want to thank all of you who continue to visit this blog. Next month will be my three-year blogiversary. Where does the time go?

I’m also thankful for the fact that I got a job. I’ll be having Thanksgiving dinner down here in New Orleans with executive producer Nina Noble and other members of the “Treme” family.

To celebrate the day, let me share some live tracks I just purchased from the fine folks at DigitalSoundboard.net. These come fresh out the oven... recorded two weeks ago at the Bear Creek Music & Art Festival in North Florida.

New Orleans funk, Parliament funk, James Brown funk... y’all hear me out there? Click the titles below for 37 minutes of streaming jam-bandy goodness. Happy Thanksgiving!

1. “Unfunky UFO” – Ivan Neville’s DumpstaJam (feat. Bernie Worrell)

2. “Southwick/Shake Your Rugalator” – Bonerama (feat. Fred Wesley)

3. “Jam/Doing It to Death” – Papa Mali Band (feat. Fred Wesley)

6 comments:

HIM said...

Bernie on two tracks and Fred Wesley on two. What in the world would I do without Undercover Black Man Blogspot. You put me up on Method of Defiance, "Don't You Wish You Had, What You Had When You Had It", and on and on....If anybody should be thanking anybody, I should be thanking you, for keeping the funk alive.

HIM said...

oops, I meant Bernie on one track...

dubbleu said...

Happy Thanksgiving, UBM!

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays! The HBO film, 'Treme' sounds interesting/exciting! Congrats. Also Phyllis Leblanc is my cousin;her father 'Uncle Phillip' and my mom are brother/sister. I've been telling all the fam about what I read about her online;and then to discover that she's in one of your films is amazing. Best of all to you and the cast.

Naomi

that dude said...

I played all of these twice. Thank you for this amazing site.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ Glad you enjoyed, dude. I vouch for Digital Soundboard to the utmost.