Sunday, September 23, 2007

Everybody needs hobbies.

And one of my hobbies – ever since that nut John Mark Karr “confessed” to murdering JonBenet Ramsey – is finding the MySpace pages of folks caught up in high-profile criminal cases.

MySpace is such a vast phenomenon, it gives a global public presence to damn-near every teenager in America.

Here’s the one for John Mark Karr’s eldest son, for instance.

For me, this is kind of like “trainspotting.”

Anyway, here’s the page for one of the Louisiana high-school kids known as the “Jena 6.”

It’s got the obligatory Tupac quote: “I feel like Black Jesus got his hands on me and guides me through life to put me where I’m supposed to be!!”

Musically, it features a surprising choice of display tune: John Mayer’s “Waiting on the World to Change.” Chosen for its lyrics, I suppose. (“Me and all my friends, we're all misunderstood...”)

And it’s got this big piece of artwork (quoting Tupac again):

2 comments:

justjudith said...

fascinating. the john karr one was all demonic but theo's was not what i was expecting. some of these kids will put anything on the net. good project, david.

bklyn6 said...

MySpace is such a vast phenomenon, it gives a global public presence to damn-near every teenager in America.

And once they've passed on there's always this.