Monday, August 13, 2007

‘New way vogue’ on UBM-TV

This one’s for Thordaddy. Just glance over at my Video Bar in the right-hand column...

I make it a point to be gay-friendly on this blog, for the same reason that, in real life, I’m tree-friendly and cloud-friendly (i.e., because trees and clouds exist as a fact of nature).

But wow, hey... gay guys are still vogueing, huh? I wrote an article about vogueing, like, 18 years ago for the Washington Times (of all papers). And even then it wasn’t new.

Turns out there’s a style these days called “new way vogue,” which highlights double-jointedness. Fellows bending a leg behind their head, pulling a shoulder out of its socket, etc. My Video Bar has pulled up some new-way-vogue “battles.” Interesting stuff.

8 comments:

Lola Gets said...

I dont think vogueing or competitions (aka balls) will ever go out of style in the gay community. Straight perhaps, but not gay.
L

bklyn6 said...

When Madonna came out with "Vogue" I remember thinking, "She's late!" But I guess she introduced it to a whole nother audience that wouldn't have know about it otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Gay vogueing is a Liberal plot to destroy America. Thought I'd save Thordaddy the trouble of commenting!

bklyn6 said...

I'll take vogueing over this any day.

Anonymous said...

OMG, what is that, jena6? :-D

Undercover Black Man said...

^ I was too scared to ask. ;^)

bklyn6 said...

Some kinda World Aerobic championship. That was 1990. I don't know if it's still taking place. I hope not. :shudder:

BAD IDEA said...

ok thanks for the using a photo of me along with this blog ... voguing has been here &is not going anywhere , but before you start making statments about " what its called now " you should now your facts... NOW most kids do vogue femme it is the most popular and what ( for whatever reason it has evolved into ) i prefer good oldway and neway like tanaka prodigy , derrick ico and my father jose stiffy revlon ! vogue femem has its charm , energy & excitement but there is something that lives with neway that to me was when vogue was at its best form ... but make no mistake hun , newway is not >NEW at all ! it's been here for quite some time perhaps as long ago as you wrote a report for the wshngt times ...i also do not vogue any longer and have my plave in history but am by no means THE BEST 8 you shoudl do yourself the favor & remove my photo & put the photo of JOSE "stiffy" REVLON , if it is a picture of the best that you would like to show ! he is a character and enity all his own and there is none other like him , his depth of understanding the human body & his body and moving it as easy as if he was taking a normal breath stil amazes me after all tese years !

xo
mecca x ninja REVLON


p.s. but you probably got no fucking idea and dont really give a fuck do you ... i just gave myself carpul tunnel syndrome fopr nothing ...shooooo :p