Monday, October 19, 2009

A free Betty Davis download

The fine folks at Light in the Attic Records have dug up, polished and packaged an album’s worth of unreleased material from the legendary ’70s funk queen Betty Davis.

“Never bootlegged... never heard until now,” says the press release. And if that ain’t enough to curl your toes, guess what? They’re giving away one of those tracks as a FREE MP3.

Click here to hear “Is It Love or Desire” on my Vox blog. To download it, click the song title below.

The album – also titled “Is It Love or Desire” – was recorded in 1976 in Louisiana.

“Is It Love or Desire” (MP3)
Album available at iTunes Music Store

6 comments:

bklyn6 said...

Cool. thx!

Invisible Woman said...

I really need to know more about her--the more I know, the more I wanna know.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ Seriously. I mean, once you know she was Jimi Hendrix's lover and Miles Davis's wife, I'm like, "Where's the movie?"

bklyn6 said...

^Okay. I see Joi playing her in the movie. :-D

Invisible Woman said...

I think we should write it together (seriously!) :-)

bklyn6 said...

^I'd see it! :-)