Monday, April 6, 2009

Playlist: Rosie Ledet, ‘The Zydeco Sweetheart’

Thick legs, cute face, and rocking a squeezebox. Tell me you ain’t horny right now.

I’m about to fly back to L.A. after two months in New Orleans. Let me mark the occasion by spreading some of the Louisiana flavor of Rosie Ledet, the biggest female star in zydeco music.

Click the titles below to stream the music on my Vox blog.

1. “Roll It Over”

2. “C’est Tout Finis (It’s All Over)”

3. “Cutie Pie”

4. “You Can Eat My Poussiere”

11 comments:

Geneva Girl said...

Sorry. No. Not horny (at least not over her).

lawegohard said...

“You Can Eat My Poussiere” is my new theme song.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ And for those who are interested... "poussiere" means "dust."

;^)

Undercover Black Man said...

Geneva Girl: Maybe seeing her rock out on YouTube will warm ya up... BAM!

lawegohard said...

@UBM Dust? Right! (Insert tailpipe line) ;)
Ok, It is still cool song. I'm feelin' it.

papasean said...

she's funky...You Can Eat My Poussiere, ugh!

Mes Deux Cents said...

UBM,

Wow, thanks. I've been (secretly) a zydeco fan for a while now. So finding out about Rosie is very nice.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ Nice to hear from you, MDC. Glad you liked.

Dollar Bill said...

Oui Oui all the way(my)home?

Destruction said...

Been listening to the Zydeco show on WPFW sporadically for a few months now....I'm gonna phone Poussiere in doing the next request line. RWHC.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ RWHC.

I had to look it up... but yeah.