Sunday, March 29, 2009

A free Alexandra Burke download

Meet Alexandra Burke. She was the winner last year on Simon Cowell’s U.K. talent show “The X Factor” (the show that launched Leona Lewis).

Alexandra’s first single is available as a FREE MP3. It’s a cover of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah,” and it was a No. 1 smash in Britain last Christmas.

Click here to stream the track on my Vox blog. If you want to download it, follow this link to last.fm.

Simon Cowell has a knack for making money. But making good music? Not so much.

7 comments:

bumpster said...

Count me in the minority of people who'd rather listen to a great singer with ordinary looks than watch a purdy man or woman Sam Harris a great song. Fuck you very much Simon Cowell for reducing the quality of pop music with your magnificient hackery. Cash your checks asshole but never pretend what you do is art.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ To be fair, bumpster... Cowell did give us Il Divo.

bumpster said...

Wannabe Three Tenors boy band however well they perform.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ I hope my sarcasm wasn't lost in the sauce, bumpster. You had it right with hackery.

bumpster said...

Yes this dumbass didn't get your sarcasm. Sorry Dave.

bumpster said...

I thought you trying to fair and balance me. My bad.

Geneva Girl said...

I actually watched her win. I hadn't watched the show all season, but was sick as a dog one day and the final show was the only thing on. (How sad: to be sick and stuck watching the X Factor.) to the other two finalists, a Zac Ephron wannabe and a boy band without one good looking guy, she had it hands down. I actually like her more than Leona Lewis, which isn't saying much.