Thursday, December 11, 2008

Randomonium

I’ve been having weird dreams lately.

Yeah, I know... everybody has weird dreams always. But now I’m keeping notes. Seems like every time I wake up needing to pee, my dream-self is in the midst of some nutty-ass adventure.

The other night, large and aggressive spiders were involved. Which somehow led to my accidentally taking a pill which I knew was arsenic, even though it was packaged like cold medicine. I spat out the pill before swallowing, but my mouth felt numb and I really started to panic...

Then I looked in the mirror and saw that half my tongue had corroded away. Then I woke up and went to pee.

Sometimes my dreams have crazy guest stars. A few nights ago Pat Buchanan and Sandy Duncan showed up in the same dream. (Sandy Duncan!) At least there’s a reason for that one; I recently stumbled on this YouTube video.

I tried to fall back asleep with my head in the same position, hoping to rejoin that dream in progress. It didn’t work.

So I tried to retrace the dream in my mind to document it, but the details quickly evaporated. All I wrote down was that I saw Sandy Duncan hugging a stranger in the street, and then she said to me, “I didn’t do what you thought I did.”

Weird.

Now... this morning around 3 a.m., I woke up in the middle of another TV-related dream. My dream-self was watching a new version of “The Courtship of Eddie’s Father,” and the child actor – Brandon Cruz – was playing the same part. He was 40 years older, yet he was the same small size.

Then I was in a cafeteria line, and Chuck D of Public Enemy was there too, and I handed him a videotape of the TV show and I said, “This is creepy.” That’s when I woke up.

Why would I dream about “The Courtship of Eddie’s Father”? Because I found a great clip on YouTube which I intended to blog about. Jodie Foster – not yet 7 years old – was the guest star... and she acted her li’l ass off. She was fantastic!

Growing up, I watched tons of television, so I remember Jodie Foster (and her older brother, Buddy) quite well. I just didn’t appreciate how superbly gifted she was, even then. Check out the video clip embedded below.

Funny thing about her “Eddie’s Father” performance... it was all about her being a tomboy and not abiding by society’s gender norms. Uh-huh. Even at the age of 6, Jodie Foster was getting the dyke roles.

Speaking of dykes, I must tell you, when photos of Gov. Rod Blagojevich starting appearing all over the place, I thought to myself: “That woman’s gonna give lesbians a bad name.”

Seriously... doesn’t he look like a girls’ P.E. teacher?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

RE: Gov. Rod Blagojevich. He'd be a great candidate for...
http://menwholooklikeoldlesbians.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Carnack: Rod Blagojevich, Pat Buchanan, and Sandy Duncan.

*rips open envelope*

Carnack: Name two a-holes and one eye-hole....

HEY-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

I miss Nipsey.

Undercover Black Man said...

http://menwholooklikeoldlesbians.blogspot.com/

Lovin' it!

Anonymous said...

I miss Nipsey.

I'll think of you when I eat my next saltine.

Anonymous said...

I looooved this show as a kid and remembered this episode well. Watching it now though, ugh. It now smacks me as sexist and racist. After working for the family for years, and despite speaking excellent English, Mrs. Livingston couldn't manage to call Mr. Eddie's father, Mr. Corbett?

maria said...

i think she's coming out of the closet in this clip!! no one get that but me?

maria said...

ok duh didn't read enough of your post!

bklyn6 said...

Come to think of it, he's got a Janet Reno thing going on.

I don't think I remember Jody's brother. Jimmy McNichol, yes, but not Buddy Foster.

As for that clip I thought at least he softens his demands with "please", but alas, Joey was having none of it. :-)

bklyn6 said...

http://menwholooklikeoldlesbians.blogspot.com/

Okay. That was funny until I saw Prince.

Undercover Black Man said...

I don't think I remember Jody's brother.

"Mayberry R.F.D." was his big gig. Alas, Buddy was not the next Ronnie Howard.

KeWayne said...

Who has the worse haircut - Rod Blagojevich or Donald Trump?

http://www.beautifulhairstyles.com/hairpolls/donaldtrump.html

I think both gentlemen would benefit greatly from an Afro, or at least a Jew-fro...

KeWayne said...

http://www.beautifulhairstyles.com/hairpolls/
donaldtrump.html

bklyn6 said...

Who has the worse haircut - Rod Blagojevich or Donald Trump?

I think Donald's 'do trumps Blagojevich's.

Does the Governor wear a toupee?

Anonymous said...

He is a red pantsuit and bifocals away from Janet Reno.

Anonymous said...

Last night I had a dream that I was living in France and recording a new album with the Cocteau Twins.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ You shouldn't eat before going to bed.

;^)

Anonymous said...

Oui...