Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Coming attraction: ‘Doubt’

“Doubt” opens in theaters on Friday, and I can’t wait. Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman deserve Academy Award nominations for the trailer alone.

The buzz around “Doubt” includes Oscar talk for supporting actress Viola Davis, a performer I first noticed on Steven Bochco’s hospital show “City of Angels.” I’ve been looking out for her ever since.

UPDATE (12/11/08): This morning, the Golden Globe nominations were announced. Streep, Hoffman and Viola Davis were nominated for “Doubt,” as well as John Patrick Shanley for his script.

5 comments:

Invisible Woman said...

Reaaaly want to see this one, especially as I was a bit disappointed in The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button :-(

SJ said...

Wow. Looks amazing. Seymour Hoffman also looks great in that other movie, but I'm not really interested in that one.

Anonymous said...

This trailer sizzled! This is Meryl Streep's year, again. They won't give her a the Oscar for Mama Mia, but she'll win for this. As a girl who entered a convent school in 1966 I CAN'T wait to see this! I hope that it comes to Geneva. I'm afraid that I'll have to wait for the DVD.

*Tanyetta* said...

Is this movie what I think it's about?????????

tamara s brown said...

Wow. Just now watching this trailer. Just wow at the TALENT. WOW.