Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A free Yolanda Duke download

Working this Hispanic Heritage Month angle has pushed me to explore and examine artists I’ve never heard before. Take vocalist Yolanda Duke, who used to travel the world with the Tito Puente Orchestra. (Ms. Duke was born in the Dominican Republic.)

I’m not deep into big-band jazz, or Latin jazz, or even vocal jazz. Hard-bopping small groups are my thing. But I know hot when I hear it.

And La Duke’s rendition of Cole Porter’s “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” – off her 2008 album “Many Moods” – is bubbling hot, in that grandiloquent big-band fashion. It’s also available as a FREE MP3.

Tito Puente died in 2000, but his band swings on. The Tito Puente Orchestra is all over the “Many Moods” album.

Click here to hear “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” on my Vox blog. To download it, click the song title below.

“I’ve Got You Under My Skin” (MP3)
Album available at iTunes Music Store

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this kind of music...I can't get over her nails and hair!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you sure this is NOT Jennifer Coolidge??? She looks just like her.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ Heh.

James C. Collier said...

Whoa Hoss! I don't know Ms. Coolidge, but that babe looks like Leona Hemsley - the early years. My cappuccino milkshake almost shot out my nose. Do send out a warning next time.