Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A free Michael Franti & Spearhead download

I suppose I should like Michael Franti’s music. He is eclectic in his groove-mindedness, he’s lyrically intelligent and politically serious.

But to be quite honest... meh.

Whenever I choose to blog about Michael Franti – as I did last August – it’s with hope that some readers enjoy him a lot more than I do.

Somebody must. He’s been putting out albums for 20 years.

Franti’s got a new Spearhead CD – “All Rebel Rockers” – coming out next month. It was recorded in Jamaica. One track is available now as a FREE MP3.

Click here to check out “Say Hey (I Love You)” on my Vox blog. If you wanna download it, follow this link to the KEXP Blog.

UPDATE (08/07/08): For you fans, there’s another freebie available off the “All Rebel Rockers” CD... this one courtesy of Spinner.com.

Click here to stream “Remote Control” on my Vox blog. To download it, follow this link.

4 comments:

DeAngelo Starnes said...

I'm huge Franti fan. Stay Human and Chocolate Supa Highway are great albums.

Desert Man said...

I'm with you again. Ditto to everything. Thought I'd like him, but nope. I tried. You are dead on it once again. (Now if I can just get you to admit that "Miss You" is not funk...) :-)

Kellybelle said...

LOL. I like that"Hole in the Bucket" song. But I understand wanting to like him more and instead feeling, "meh."

Unknown said...

i've always been a huge fan, especially in the early years.