Friday, June 27, 2008

A free Tricky download

First, a word about Dave Allen. Dave Allen played bass for the British post-punk band Gang of Four. Now he’s in Portland, Oregon, and he runs a music blog called Pampelmoose.

And he hosts a lot of FREE MP3s.

Here’s one by the British “trip-hop” vocalist Tricky. Tricky has a new CD dropping overseas in July. But this freebie is from his 1996 album, “Pre-Millenium Tension.”

To stream “Tricky Kid” on my Vox blog, click here.

To commence downloading the MP3, hit this link. (Cheers, Dave Allen!)

Below is the video for Tricky’s latest single, “Council Estate.”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Maxinquaye, Tricky's first album. The second one where this MP3 is from ...not as much. He's one of those artists who consistently dropped in quality album after album. What do you make of his music and the whole 'trip hop' sound, UBM?

Undercover Black Man said...

^ He's not really my cuppa tea, musically. But I do like his style. It seems to represent a uniquely black-Brit sensibility.

Jasmine said...

Was he on Girlfriends? Do we know?

Anonymous said...

Tricky scares me. He always looks mad. However, I do like that one song with PJ Harvey, Broken Homes.

Lisa Turtle, he was! Still looking scary
-- Jessie Spano, lol

Jasmine said...

Yes, he scared me on girlfriends! I'm like why is Lynn so sprung!