Wednesday, March 12, 2008

America’s Next Top Harlot

The New York Times today identified the high-priced call girl that Gov. Eliot Spitzer boned last month. And wouldn’t you know it... she’s got a MySpace page!

She’s a Brazilian-American hawtie known as Ashley Alexandra Dupré. And she’s a wannabe R&B singer. I’m streaming her song “What We Want” on my Vox blog. (Click here.)

The internets being what they is, this song has been played on Ashley’s MySpace page 1.2 million times today.

I know what you want,
You got what I want...


Not bad. And she can out-sing Paula Abdul, that’s for damn sure.

“I have been alone,” Ashley writes on her page. “I have abused drugs. I have been broke and homeless. But, I survived, on my own. I am here, in NY because of my music.”

Looks like ya made it, Ashley!

UPDATE (03/12/08): I see y’all been checking out Ashley’s track on my Vox blog. So... what you think? Does the girl have a future in the vertical plane?

That song, to me, doesn’t sound any worse than a lot of contemporary R&B.

12 comments:

Ann Brock said...

UBM I don't understand why this young woman has to be put out there like that. I think that it is wrong for the media to go after her. Spitzer was the one spending tax payers money, she just receive it.

sakredkow said...

I don't know...she looks a little too much like Richard Gere for my taste.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ JJB... I hear what you're saying. But she put herself out there on MySpace. And I have a feeling she must have known that prostitution was against the law.

Believe me, this type of attention is the best thing that can happen to a prostitute. How is it I can still remember the name Divine Brown, a dozen years after Hugh Grant picked her up on the corner?

This girl Ashley will be all right. And with a half-decent demo track too?? Mark me words... she's gonna get a record deal.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why this cracks me up to no end, but it does.

What a world we live in, where you can find a demo track recorded by a high priced hooker whose vagina must have been so hot that it was worth the NY governor losing his job over.

Internet for the win!

SeeMurphy said...

I'm with jjbrock. Will getting a record deal make everything A-OK for Ashley? Perhaps... but we don't know. We can infer though, that if she'd wanted to be a public prostitute, she would've signed up for HBO eps at the Bunny Ranch, not joined an exclusive prostitution ring.

Yeah, prostitution's illegal but so widespread so as to make that fact irrelevant, no?

What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Is that a home-made tattoo on her hand? This tacky girl got how much a day?

I agree with PHX. She looks a little too masculine for me. She's Brazilian? In Italy "Brazilian" is another word for transsexual prostitute. Hmm. (An unfortunate racist term.)

Okay singer, forgettable song. She wouldn't make it to the final 12.

Ashley said...

Why, God, why does she have to have that name.

Anonymous said...

Why couldn't Spitzer use the girls from a high-end Nevada prostitute ring? It would have been legal and he would only have issues with his wife.

Anonymous said...

It's probably a taste thing, because I actually liked the Lightspeed Champion clip,but... having listened to that song, Ashley definitely picked the right career.

bad dad said...

GenevaGirl said...

Is that a home-made tattoo on her hand? This tacky girl got how much a day?

It's not a tattoo; she got her age checked at a bar and that's the "okay, she's old enough" mark.

--bad dad

LeaNder said...

NYT: “What We Want,” an amateurish, hip-hop inflected rhythm and blues tune that asks, “Can you handle me, boy?” and used some dated slang, calling someone her “boo.”

I agree with you much more than with the Times, UBM. Not bad.

What can you tell me about the dated slang?

Undercover Black Man said...

^ The New York Times is wack, boyeeee!