Monday, December 10, 2007

A free dj BC download

I often stress that I link to free “and legal” downloads. It’s not that I look down my nose at illegal downloaders. Every once in a while, I’ll do what I gotta do to get what I need.

But the Easter-egg-hunt aspect of finding good MP3s via legitimate channels... that appeals to my sense of fun.

Today, though, a little something from the pirate underground...

A Boston sound scientist known as “dj BC” specializes in deeply clever, harmonically intriguing mashups. (I found him through a link at Bill_45’s music blog.)

I love BC’s mashup of Diana Ross’s “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” and Led Zeppelin’s “Thank You.” He calls it “Ain’t No Misty Mountain.”

To hear it on my Vox blog, click here.

Want it? Hit this link to commence downloading the MP3.

If you like that, you’ll definitely dig “Imagine Santa,” dj BC’s mashup of John Lennon’s “Imagine” and Michael Jackson’s version of “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town.” You can hear it on his MySpace page.

No comments: