Saturday, December 22, 2007

A free Bad Brains download

Let me wave my D.C. flag one time.

The legendary Rasta-punk band Bad Brains have been ripping shit up since 1979 (off and on). This year they took part in a promotional album called “Represent,” a joint venture of Adidas and Major League Soccer.

“Represent” pulled together a bunch of different bands to hype their hometown soccer clubs.

The Mexican band Kinky, for example, honored its second home – Southern California – with a song praising the L.A. Galaxy. While Barenaked Ladies gave some love to Toronto FC.

Bad Brains did a tune called “D.C. United.” It’s even got a bit of go-go flavor. To hear it streaming on my Vox blog, click here.

How you can get this album, I does not know. Maybe it’ll be sold at stadiums. But to download the Bad Brains track as a FREE MP3, just click the song title below.

“D.C. United” (MP3)


undercover comments said...

Thank you for this. I have been following you from a distance for some time now. My son, 6, loves the Booker T mp3.

Thank you for keepin it oh so real. Thank you for indulging my use of the vernacular.

I have some way way out footage of HR performing solo here in California. I also have some good footage of Jr. Gong and KRS-One.

What's up on a Maceo download? And what's up on some Hendrix knowledge bombs?

Don't disappoint; I'm hooked like crack without the enhanced sentencing.

DeAngelo Starnes said...

Bad Brains like a muthafucka! Great great band who should be in the R&R HOF.

dsimon said...

As a D.C. native, I must weigh in and say that until the Bad Brains are enshrined in the R&R Hall of Fame that motherfucker is just an empty warehouse in Cleveland.

Shit, don't even get me started about admitting Little Walter as a sideman. On second thought, someone needs to burn that tourist trap down to the Lake Eire waterline.


Also, David, if you haven't checked out Lafayette Gilchrist yet, savor the moment of go-go infecting straight-up jazz with all the force of a mutating retrovirus. I got some of LG in the last season of The Wire.

Talk soon.

Undercover Black Man said...

^ David Simon, ladies and gentlemen!

Happy holidays, Dave, to you and your family. Thanks for commenting.

dez said...

Bad Brains is da bomb diggety (do the kids still say that)? :-)

Happy Holidaze, UBM, and to Mr. Simon, too (who I will worship until my dying day)!

Undercover Black Man said...

^ Back at you, dez.

Render said...

From the real 9:30 Club!